Octaplex® is a prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) containing therapeutic and balanced levels of Factors II, VII, IX and X, as well as inhibitory proteins C and S. It is indicated for treatment of bleeding and perioperative prophylaxis of bleeding in acquired deficiency of prothrombin complex coagulation factors or in congenital deficiency factors II and X when purified specific coagulation factor products are not available1.Octaplex® has been shown to provide rapid INR reversal within 10 minutes2, with a small volume (500 IU in 20 mL per vial) and short infusion time3.
1. Summary of Product Characteristics of Octaplex®
2. Lubetsky A et al. Efficacy and safety of a prothrombin complex concentrate (Octaplex®) for rapid reversal of oral anticoagulation. Thromb Res 2004; 113(6): 371 – 378
3. Sarode R. Four-factor prothrombin complex concentrate versus plasma for urgent vitamin K antagonist reversal: New evidence. Clin Lab Med 2014; 34 (3): 613 – 621
Fibryga® is a highly purified and pathogen inactivated human fibrinogen concentrate and an effective and convenient treatment for fibrinogen deficiency. Fibryga® offers a number of benefits: concentration is standardised; it is stable at room temperature, can be reconstituted within minutes, and has a low infusion volume; there is no need for thawing or cross-matching blood type and it is double pathogen inactivated1,2.
• Treatment of bleeding and perioperative prophylaxis in patients with congenital hypo or afibrinogenaemia with bleeding tendency3.
Fibryga® is presented in vials containing 1 g of fibrinogen as lyophilised powder for reconstitution with 50 mL sterile water for injection (WFI). After reconstitution, the solution provides approximately 20 mg/mL of human fibrinogen. For intravenous administration via infusion or injection.
1. Schulz P et al. Biochemical characterisation, stability and pathogen safety of a new fibrinogen concentrate (Fibryga®). Biologicals https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biologicals.2017.12.003.
2. Ross C et al. Pharmacokinetics, clot strength and safety of a new fibrinogen concentrate: randomized comparison with active control in congenital fibrinogen deficiency. J Thromb5. Haemost 2018; 16(2):253-261.
3. Summary of Product Characteristics of Fibryga®
Octagam® is a human normal immunoglobulin (IVIg) that is indicated for replacement therapy in patients with primary immunodeficiency syndromes, myeloma or chronic lymphatic leukaemia with severe secondary hypogammaglobulinaemia and recurrent infections, and children with congenital AIDS and recurrent infections. It is also used in immunomodulation of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in children or adults at high risk of bleeding or prior to surgery to correct the platelet count, in patients with Guillain Barré syndrome and Kawasaki disease. Another approved indication is for allogeneic bone marrow transplantation1. Octagam® has been used in more than 80 countries globally, which provides reassurance to both patients and physicians.
1. Summary of Product Characteristics of Octagam®
Octanate® 500 IU contains human coagulation factor VIII, and is indicated for treatment and prophylaxis of bleeding in patients with haemophilia A (congenital factor VIII deficiency)1. It is naturally stabilised and protected by VWF, and is highly purified and efficacious2.
1. Summary of Product Characteristics of Octanate®
2. Auerswald G. et al. The role of plasma-derived factor VIII/ von Willebrand factor concentrates in the treatment of Haemophilia A patients. Haematologica 2003; 88 (9): 21 – 25
Albunorm® is human albumin which is used for maintenance of colloid osmotic pressure, regulation of intravascular and extravascular fluid volume, with buffer effect and transport function in human plasma1.
1. Summary of Product Characteristics of Albunorm®